There are so many different methods and questions we can use when reading the Bible with students. Over the past several years at our church we have adapted several different types of questions from a variety of sources and put them into these five questions that we use with high school students:
- How would you summarize these verses into one or two sentences?
- Is there something that is hard to understand or that I want to know more about?
- What shines or seems important in this text?
- How do you think these verses connect to the Good News of Jesus dying on the cross and rising again?
- How do you think those who first read these verses would respond and how should we respond today?
I would love to hear what questions have been helpful for you to use when reading the Bible with students!